Welcome to the page of preachers who are looking for churches of Christ.
This listing of preachers who are looking for churches is for
churches of Christ who are non-institutional and non-instrumental.
The following applies:
- This listing will be updated within 48 hours from the time that the form below is submitted. It is usually updated within a few hours.
- The postings will remain on this page for 120 days.
- Preachers who are still looking for a church after the 120 days, please submit an e-mail letting me know that you want to continue your listing for another 120 days. You may continue to do this for as long as you need to.
- Each time a listing is renewed after the original 120 days, a date of renewal will be added to the listing to let churches know that the preacher is still looking.
(churches can have confidence that these listings are kept current)
- Please review your ad as soon as possible to ensure that all information is correct. If you want to add, delete, or change any information, please send me an e-mail message letting me know what action needs to be taken.
- Any ad posted on this page does not mean that I know or endorse the preacher. Churches contacting these preachers should do their own investigation. I reserve the right to accept, reject, or make modifications that I feel are appropriate for this venue.
- Preacher references will not be included on this page due to security and privacy concerns. Churches should contact a preacher directly for that information.
- When a church to work with has been secured, please send me an e-mail message letting me know so that your listing can be promptly removed.
- ADDITIONAL NOTE: The listings for "Churches Looking for Preachers" and "Preachers Looking for Churches" that was being advertised on the Truth Magazine Website is now being advertised and maintained on this site.
PREACHERS LOOKING FOR CHURCHES
PREACHERS LOOKING FOR CHURCHES
Frank (Bo) Couchman
Comments: I am minister of the River City church in Columbus, GA. I have worked alongside Bro. Jeff McCrary for the last six years in establishing this work and helping it to grow to about 40 members today. We work together sharing the preaching and teaching duties. Prior to moving to Columbus in 2015, I worked with the Argo Park church in Trussville, AL, for 10 months as the minister. This was a part-time work -- I was continuing to work a secular job at the time. I handled all preaching duties and taught the adult classes on Sundays and Wednesdays. I am not a professional preacher. Prior to working with the Argo Park church, I worked in the IT industry as a technical/marketing writer for various companies including Lockheed Martin, Sungard, and Teksouth. I "retired" from this profession after 30 years in the industry when Bro. McCrary and I (lifelong friends) decided to come to Columbus together to re-establish a faithful congregation. Though not a "located preacher" most of my life, I have preached countless times as a fill-in, volunteer, etc., everywhere I have ever worshipped, and have taught classes from 3 years through adults at every location. My wife and family have been members of various congregations including Smoky Hill (Aurora, CO); East Columbus (MS); Cahaba Heights (Birmingham); and North Gardendale (AL). I also served as an elder at the North Gardendale church from 2007-2014. My wife, Teresa, has also been heavily involved in teaching children everywhere we have been members. She has, at various times, taught classes and guided children's curriculums at multiple congregations. We are both in our early 60s and in good health. All of our children (three) are grown and married, and we have five grandchildren (and another on the way). We also both have living mothers, one in Birmingham, the other in Tupelo (MS). When I came to Columbus, I committed to 3-5 years. After 5 years the work was going well, and after discussions with Bro. McCrary, we decided to commit to 2 more years (through 2021). My support comes from 10 different congregations in Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Virginia. We are just beginning our 7th year, and this will be a transition year. Bro. McCrary will be staying in Columbus to work with the River City congregation. Our ages, our children's homes (Birmingham, Nashville, Worcester, MA), and our mother's ages (both in their 90s) make it prudent for us not to look to stray too far from them. I will entertain and pursue any work, but generally would probably like to stay between Birmingham and Louisville (north/south), and between I-65 and I-75 (east/west), give or take an hours drive. Congregation size is largely irrelevant... large or small, doesn't matter. Elders/no elders is not a show-stopper, though any preacher would prefer to have shepherds, I suppose. Full support is not essential -- I don't mind having to raise part of my support if necessary. My wife and I are happy to visit, and I am glad to preach, teach a class, spend a few days with any congregation that has an interest in talking to me.
Cell: (205) 706-6139
Mailing Address: Frank Couchman, 3809 Chris Drive, Columbus, GA 31909
Date Submitted: January 19, 2021
Date Renewed: June 11, 2021
This page was last updated: June 15, 2021
COPYRIGHT 2001-2021 RICHIE THETFORD
WEB SITE DESIGNED AND CREATED BY THETFORD COUNTRY
Preachers Looking for Churches
First and Last Name: